3.17.2009

Business Tip Tuesday - Blog Ideas

Have you ever sat in front of your computer screen needing to write a blog post and not having any idea what to write? I have. In my pursuit to have a better blog, I have come across a few ideas to help in the process of finding ideas to keep your blog fresh.

Here's a few I found...

Keep an idea log
Use a notebook you can carry with you, so you can jot down ideas as they come to you. I use mine when I am surfing the web, reading, or just hanging out. Sometime the best ideas come when you are not sitting in front of your computer screen, but when you are out and about.

Explore blogs in different categories
There is so much information on the web and if you limit yourself to just your medium you are limiting your idea possibilities. I read blogs about fashion, business, trends, being a mom, anything to stay informed.

Check comment sections
When people respond to your blog posts they tell you what they liked, sometimes they ask questions, or share experiences, use that information to expand on a post you have done. Also when you are reading other peoples blogs if you read a post you liked check out the comments, it may spark an idea for your blog.

Do something different
Do a blog post that is all pictures, give something away, write a list relevant to you audience, create a poll. You don't aways have to write a post to get your point across.

Step away from your computer
Sometimes its best to stop trying so hard and just turn the computer off and do something else. When I find my self stuck I go to the library or book store and read magazines and check out new books. When I do this I always come home with a notebook full of ideas.

Next time you need some ideas give a couple of these ideas a try.
I would love to here how you come up with idea's, leave a comment!
Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tips! I've been stumped lately! These are some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!