11.12.2009

Explore - Inspiration

Do you remember the last time you had an idea that you loved for your next design project?

It's easy to let those ideas slowly fall apart when we get sucked into our everyday lives, our routines, our online marketing, or our daily chores of running our business.

Inspiration - is a sudden creativity in artistic production. Do you know what that feels like?

The best way to explore a new idea is to know when an idea is coming to you. No it's not magic, it is a physical reaction that lets you know to pay attention.

Try This

Grab your sketch book or journal and go back in your mind to the last time you had that feeling of inspiration.

Answer these question:
►What did it feel like when the idea arrived?
►What time of the day was it?
►What physically indicated your inspirational moment?
~visual - what images did you see
~audible - music, a song, someones voice
~Smell - inportant to remember, a familiar smell can bring back a flood of memories
►What about your emotions at the time? Did they play a part?


Visual images are really important for me when I have that inspirational moment. I don't always hear what's going on around me, but I do get that excited tingle, that need to create in that moment. There are times when that moment has happened to me when it is not possible for me to just drop everything and create, so I always have a notebook with me and until I have a chance to put my idea on paper I can't think about anything else.

Do you remember the last time you had an inspirational moment? How did you feel?
Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. when inspiration strikes, i can't sleep until i have created it. be it a piece of jewelry, an item of clothing or a poem. if i do doze off, i dream about it. it's like an itch.

    great tip though, next time i get hit with something, i really ought to write it down.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!