4.26.2010

Artist Inspirations - Gallery 32

Join me in welcoming Trina from Gallery 32, as she shares what inspires her to take her amazing portraits of nature. Thanks Trina for being a guest blogger!


I have always had a passion for art. When I was a child my Grandma encouraged me by teaching me how to sew, embroider and paint watercolors. These experiences still influence my work in the form of color, shape, and line. When I went off to college I decided that painting would be my major and I graduated with a BFA from the University of Kansas.


Painting has definitely influenced my photography in the way that I compose images in the frame. I like to include abstract images and I use Photoshop and ArtRage to make my images more painterly. My goal is to show my version of the world and I try to photograph the simple scenes in life that maybe get overlooked in our daily lives.


My favorite subjects to photograph are flowers, landscapes and light. I am drawn to the ever changing view of nature and the different colors and light that you see through the seasons.


My recent obsession has been with the iPhone and the many camera applications that you can use. My current favorite it the Hipstamatic which simulates those lovely lenses and films from the past. I like the imperfect nature that you get from this application. Scratched, a little blurry, odd color. The other application is Camera Bag which simulates vintage black & white film, Polaroid, Holga and so much more. I have a nice collection of vintage working cameras, however, this application is more immediate and easier to use. Don’t worry though, I still carry around my Polaroid SX-70 from time to time.

Visit Gallery 32 around the web:

Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

9 comments:

  1. So soothing to look at while having a rather hectic Monday! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how do you like using your phone for camera? I thought I trying to do something like that as maybe an "out of the box" Thing to really push the limit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your use of light. It really makes the pictures pop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful photos! I especially love the second one.

    found you on etsy forums and I'd love it if you visited me too!

    http://jdavissquared.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for the lovely comments!
    Also, thanks again to Valerie for letting me
    guest blogger :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your photos. Thank you for your comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!