7.20.2010

A Good Night Sleep

With so much going on in our lives, running our business, taking care of our families, running earrands, sometimes we need help to get a good night sleep.

Try these easy tips to ensure that you are getting the rest you need and getting a good night sleep.

Create a better sleep environoment
• Keep down the noise level.
• Keep your room dark during sleeping hours. No flickering TV or computer.
• Keep your room cooler while your sleeping


Create a relaxing bedtime routine
If you relax and wind down before bed you will sleep easier and more deeply.
• Take a warm shower
• Listen to soft music
• Have a light snack and a warm drink

Get stress under control
• Practice deep breathing
• Try progressive muscle control (tighten you muscles slowly starting at your toes up to your shoulders and then relax them all at once)
• Visualize a peaceful and restful place

What tips do you have for getting a good night sleep?



Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. ...honestly, I don't remember the last time I had a completely restful nights sleep. Oh wait, it was March 2, 2006...the night before my son was born. (lol)

    What great tips! I've used the bath tip on many occasions. Most recently I've been listing to soothing music on headphones so as not to disturb my husband. Aromatherapy helps me too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful, helpful post! I'm feeling more relaxed already. One thing that always works for me is a cup of hot tea with honey. Does the trick every time. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always sleep better during the summer because my schedule is less stressful and I go to bed later! That's not really a tip, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips. I try everything I can to distract myself before sleep. It's terrible. I just get so bored lying there not doing anything. I really need to work on that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining Admirer Monday! I’m your newest follower! Hope to blog with you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!