3.11.2011

Artist Inspirations - Kzieglerdesign

I am thrilled to have Kim from Kzieglerdesign as a guest blogger today, sharing what inspires her as a artist.  Kim's handmade books and hand drawn maps are wonderful, check out her Etsy shop to see all that she has to offer.  Thanks Kim for sharing your story with us!


KZ Loves Paper

Springtime Sketchbook Square
I. Love. Paper.

I've loved books since I was a kid. I'm on a mission to collect as many as I can. It's my dream to someday have a library that rivals the one in Beauty and the Beast.

Hand Drawn Map of Ireland
I learned to sew when I was 11, so I was pretty comfortable using needles and thread by the time I was introduced to book binding in college. It was in one of my graphic design classes. The teacher showed us how, and I couldn't put it down. I bound that book through the rest of that class and the next one (it was art history, can you blame me?), until I ran out of floss and paper. Since then, I haven't been able to keep my hands off of it.

8x10 Photo Print colored Pencils
I've also fallen in love with drawing maps. It started with a book series I was reading - there was a map in the front of the book and I was sick of turning back to see where I was, so I drew a copy. I branched out to ancient civilizations from there, and now I do all countries. I love the history associated with them, especially old-looking maps.

Sunny Side Handmade Greeting Card
And of course, I can't forget my graphic design background. I let out these urges in my greeting cards and photography. I've always said there's nothing quite as nice as an exquisite photograph, and I try to achieve that with every piece. The goofy side of me comes out in my cards. I love super-corny jokes, and don't worry, there are more to come!

Personalized Hand Bound Notepads Set of 3
I'm on facebook (www.facebook.com/kzieglerdesign), I just joined twitter (@kzieglerdesign), and I have a blog (kzieglerdesign.blogspot.com).

Don't forget to check out her Etsy shop!
Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Great post! I always love learning about an artist's background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful work! WOW! thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love books!!! I want to see that huge library- let me know when it's complete! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always adored drawing maps, I thought I was the only one... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!