3.21.2011

New Inspiration Source

When I created my sterling silver jewelry collection I collected art magazines, art show fliers and brochures, catalogs, and anything else that I could get my hands on that was full of pictures.

I liked pictures of a lot of things, buildings, other jewelry artists, shapes and textures.  I have several notebooks filled with magazine pictures, and other things that I collected.  When I need a little inspiration I page through those books for ideas.

When I decided I wanted to create a new collection (my hardware jewelry) my old sources of inspiration just did not seem to work for me and my new collection.

I wanted this collection to be young and fresh and I found myself reading teen magazines, checking out online sources, and going to shops for the younger customer.  These days when I am looking at things for inspiration it's all about texture and color.  

Now that I have been creating the hardware jewelry collection for a few years, I am inspired by all new things.  I still enjoy looking at art magazines, and catalogs, but I am more inspired just sitting at my desk and digging through my hardware collection.

As you have grown as an artists has what inspires you changed from when you started creating?
Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I suppose that must be that once you have your product style set, you really just let the materials take over the design.

    Lately I've been obsessing over pattern- specifically very simple, bold, graphic ones. Fortunately you can find that anywhere from people's clothes passing you by on the street to TV, to blogland- everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think once you really get into it, you find your own style and the ideas come out of you, rather need bringing the ideas in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I experiment a lot!
    I also have idea's that pop up in dreams as well!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!