5.26.2011

What's Holding You Back?

I am one of those people with big ideas.  I see the potential for growth in everything. What I am not good at is putting those ideas into action.

I love to do research and gather ideas, because it's safe.  Once you put your ideas out there for everyone to see you better be right or ready to fall on your face.  Well at least that's how I thought.

I am currently working changing that thought process, and stop letting my fear of doing something hold me back from the success I want to achieve.

I have some big ideas I am going to share with you later in the summer, be on the lookout for more information.  (I figure if I put that out there I am going to have to actually follow through now).

What about you, what's holding you back from the success you want to achieve?


Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I feel like I could have written this exact post! Can't wait to see what you have in store! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is the story for most people.

    I will come across a stack of printed information on an idea that I never put into action. I think of the time and resources out into it. Some I discard and others I keep to contemplate if that idea is feasible now.

    I think we overwhelm ourselves with trying to do it all and that often causes nothing to be accomplished.

    Have a great day. Hope you'll stop by my bog soon!

    <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. the main thing holding me back is that i don't have the time to do what i want. well, i technically do, but after working at a computer all day, i don't really want to come home and spend the next several hours working on the computer. so i try and save it for the weekends, but usually i just want to keep my computer off and do other stuff. i'm trying to change though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what you're brewing... :) For a long time fear is what held me back. Now, I realize I can never "fail". Something may not work out the way I visualize, but it doesn't mean it didn't work, instead it usually points me in a new direction. It also helps me to ask myself "what's the worst that can happen?" Usually my imagination is much more powerful than the actual "failed" attempt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great! I try to not be afraid to share my ideas and opinions, so long as they're not hurtful to people. I think that's why I love blogging so much - because I can share my thoughts with so many people I wouldn't be able to otherwise. :)

    I can't wait to hear what your big ideas are!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!