8.22.2011

Motivation Monday

Keeping motivated can be as easy as changing up your routine.

During the summer I spend more time going out, working on projects, and working outside. There are many days during the summer when I just don't want to work at all, so I try to find other things to inspire me.

This is a tip to use all year around - change up your routine often.

I try to go out at least one day a week and work in a new environment such as the library, bookstore, or coffee shop. Some days I even work in different rooms of my house. Occasionally  I work on my creative projects first and do my office work later in the day.

These simple changes give me the boost of motivation I need keep coming up with new ideas.

How do you change up your routine to stay motivated?


Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Sometimes I take a little "time out". Go read a magazine, watch a little tv, maybe even close my eyes for 20 minutes...somehow that little break, keeps me going for the rest of the day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, its necessary to change up your routine, I try to go to the library. Or find a place that I've never visited for new inspiration. :)
    Happy Monday!

    <3 Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely needed some motivation today - Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm overhauling my routine in a huge way starting next week! I have always been terrible at sticking to a routine, so I just do whatever I feel like, when I feel like. Most days I start off with a list, and do them in whatever order jives with my mood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going outside definitely helps to break up my routine! I also try to learn new techniques every so often :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right! Changing the environment works magic for the creative mind. Sometimes when I get stuck I lie down in the most weirdest of places in the house, just to challenge myself to get a new perspective.

    I also often take my stuff out to the beach, where all creative ideas await me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think jet lag has finally kicked in, so motivation is very hard to find just at the moment. So I decided I must need to take a break from creating and will go out in the garden to clean up a little after some big storms. That should do the trick. x Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's an interesting idea, to change your work environment... usually I work in the same place. LOL My desk is so comfortable for typing at! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!