9.16.2011

Dressing Smart 101






I absolutely cannot wait for fall to arrive. There are various trends that are popping up like excessive amounts of sequins, and color blocking. But I found some styles that are just very smart, and sharp. It is not trying too hard or going over the top, its simply being well put together, and looking fabulous.

So how can you dress smartly this fall? Here are some simple tips and ideas:
  • Mix a combination of tailored and non tailored pieces. Such as a knit sweater with a collared shirt underneath like the last look from Yigal Azrouel. 
  • Wear straight leg tailored trousers that come right to the ankle.
  • Pair with basic heels or flats.
  • Carry an amazing leather carry all.
  • Wear minimal to no jewelry, a very simple necklace would suffice.
Will you be trying out the trend of dressing smart? How will you be trying it out?

I would love to hear how your getting ready for fall! :) 

 
Ps I'm so excited to be blogging with Valerie every month! I can't wait to hear from you! 

J. Crew, Jason Wu, Sachin + Babi, Yigal Azrouel: via Style.com

Click here to visit Kelly's Blog


    Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

    Pin It

    9 comments:

    1. You're pushing minimal jewelry??? EEP! Hahaha. J/K great styles! LOVING those pants.

      ReplyDelete
    2. So much of what I have been seeing in the fashion mags are showing mixed prints (yuck). This post is so refreshing, showing clean classic looks the average fashion interested woman can appreciate.

      Great looks!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I agree with the minimal jewelry suggestion - a simple necklace can go a long way! :) Nice finds - the coat in photo #3 is cute!

      ReplyDelete
    4. I love the Fall! I feel that's when the "real" fashion emerges. I love the looks you have up, they are simple clean and sexy. I can go with minimal makeup and jewelry as long as I feel good about it! I'm going to have to take a look and see what's in my closet and perfect for the season!

      ReplyDelete
    5. I love these looks- minimal jewlery scares me- I love the way RR did nude bangles to keep the look minimalist but still incorporate jewlery.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Love Fall clothes and colors...I'm an orange lover so when all those browns, rusts and oranges come out...I LOVE it!! Seriously loving that orange jacket with the gold buttons...very stylish!!

      ReplyDelete
    7. I could probably use a style update, but I'm so into being simple. I buy packs of men’s scoop neck t-shirts, extra small in various colors, dress them down with shorts/jeans or dress them up with a skinny jean, pumps, clutch, jewelry, make-up and sexy hair. I have a handful of clothes and TONS of shoes, bags, accessories and stylish layering pieces like the outerwear in your photos. Stacy and Clinton would be so disappointed in me (What Not to Wear).

      ReplyDelete

    Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!