12.30.2011

Celebrate Your Success

Even if you didn't reach all the goals you set for yourself this year, you still had many successes.

Take a few minutes to yourself and reflect on what you accomplished this year by creating a list of everything you did achieve.

Here are some prompts to get you started:

Make a list of all the things you learned this year
People you meet and connected with
Blog and websites you were featured on
What helpful books did you read
What did you do that was totally out of your comfort zone
New items you created
A new skill you learned
The number of new followers on Facebook, Twitter, and your blog
How many blog posts did you write
Anyone you helped with their business
Places you showed your art
Shows you applied to and got into
Your revamped studio space

This is just a brief list of  ideas to get you started. When you are done creating you list, you will find that it's a long list. That you accomplished many things this year, and even if you don't feel like you did everything you wanted to complete you still succeeded.

We take for granted our small successes, but seeing them all written down should fill you with joy.
  
Now it's time to celebrate!
Have have a safe and 
Happy New Year!!


Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

10 comments:

  1. This sounds like a perfect activity for the new year weekend. I plan on documenting successes and more this year to help keep me focused! Have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This morning I was feeling a bit low, thinking that I hadn't accomplished much this year until I read this post. Thanks for this, it helped a lot!

    Happy New Year, Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!

    I think it is important to make small things during our creative process just for the feeling of accomplishment. For some reason looking at a project that was completed with ease and in little time is the getting an ice cream from the ice cram truck when we were lids. A little treat!

    Have a wonderful day!

    <><
    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have that 'success' keychain I won from you on my key ring, and I ponder it and my successes and what I have yet to do often when standing in line at the Post Office or grocery store. A great reminder that we should learn from our successes as well as our difficulties.

    This list tho is a more disciplined exercise, and something to keep for reference during this year. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely!! When you think back, there are tons of things you did in a year. TONS of things you succeeded at!!

    Happy New Year, Valerie - here's to many more successes in 2012!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great post and reminder that I accomplished more than I thought I did! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to pop in and wish you a very Happy New Year!!

    I'm finally back up and running after major computer problems. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a great 2011 and I can't wait to look back at my goals for the year and see how I did. And I'm ready to set new goals for 2012!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! I love end of year reflections and resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! This is so important! I would add one more thing: Don't wait for the year to end to celebrate your successes. Do it daily!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!