4.17.2012

Traits of a Successful Entrepreneur


Entrepreneur - en·tre·pre·neur
a person who organizes and manages any enterprise, especially 
a business, usually with considerable initiative and risk.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you consider yourself an entrepreneur?

You have a business online selling your creations, it could be a full time venture, part-time, a hobby, or just for fun,  however you choose to run your business you are an entrepreneur!

If you have not fully embraced the fact that you are an entrepreneur, or your not ready to call yourself one, it's time to seriously consider yourself an entrepreneur!

Did you know there are ten traits that successful entrepreneurs share:

Risk taker - Being a risk taker means considering your options, knowing your business, and being ready to make changes quickly.

Has a business and personal vision - Envisioning your business from start to finish with a clear plan for how you want to succeed. This includes your personal life as well, because your vision is the foundation for your business.

Drive and determination - Having a dedication to your vision and self-motivation, will keep you working hard to grow your business.

Self-confident - People respond positively to people who are confident about what they want to achieve.

Flexible -You wear many hats as an entrepreneur, being able to change your plans, troubleshoot, and generate ideas efficiently, while produce the results you want.

Powerful communicator - Being able to listen carefully, be sensitive, and see things from your customers perspective, is key to being a powerful communicator.

Smart decision maker - An entrepreneur makes decisions and finds solutions by gathering information, and basing decisions on facts.

Action/results oriented - To be results oriented you must plan, prioritize, project, have follow through, and problem solve.

Multitasker - Be willing to do many different tasks, even those you don't like to keep your business running smoothly.

Optimistic attitude - High expectations equals success. Express gratitude for what you have rather then focusing on what you don't.

Do you have all these traits? Then you are ready for success.

If you are still struggling with the idea of being an entrepreneur or you don't practice all these traits, then it's time for some brainstorming.

Print out this worksheet to brainstorm your ideas.

Click here to print
Take some time to yourself with this worksheet and start writing. Once you have figured out the traits you need to work on and have some ideas for putting them into action, incorporate those action steps into your to-do-list and work on them everyday.

When you start thinking of yourself as an entrepreneur things will change in your business. You will work harder to achieve success, and turn your small business into a successful business.

Do you consider yourself and entrepreneur?

Interview with Timothy Adam editor of Handmadeology.com this Thursday!


Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

14 comments:

  1. Hi Valerie, Great post here. I would like to be able to say that I am a successful Entrepreneur, but I know that I am not quite there yet. Thanks for the worksheet. I have already printed it and will work on it later tonight when I have some quiet time.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list! I should probably print out that worksheet and fill it in, but I just don't have time with all the other stuff I have going on with Raige Creations right now! I guess you could say I am multitasking, and researching information so I can take some actions based on the vision I have for Raige Creations in the future.
    I think that makes me an entrepreneur. But I think my business needs to make a little more before I could consider myself truly successful. Thanks for the list tho, I can see now the areas that I do have to work on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great post but unfortunately I don't think I have what it takes to be successful. I don't have a lot of self confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, You can say your successful anytime you want. Even small goals make your business successful. Once you say your are an entrepreneur you might be surprised how rewarding your business will become.

    Raige, You are an entrepreneur! You are running your online store, selling to shops, doing a blog, so you have to start calling yourself an entrepreneur. Success comes in many different forms, and it sounds like your business is doing good to me.

    JoJo,You have what it takes, you just have to tell yourself you are a success. Again success comes in many different forms, and every step you take with your business makes you a success.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this list Valerie! It's really encouraging! We are often much more than we think we are. As always, I love your worksheets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really good point Laurie. We are always much more then we think we are. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, I have a lot to think about. This will help me more than you know. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the printout, Valerie! I can really use it. I have never thought of myself as an entrepreneur before, but I do have most of the traits you describe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're absolutely right, Valerie! Famous entrepreneurs like Donald Trump, Richard Branson or Yuri Mintskovsky share these ten traits mentioned above. If you have these qualities, you'll surely achieve success in your business and life. By the way, thanks for this wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post Valerie! I do feel like an entrepreneur and have every intention of going full time with my side business. Running your own business is so much more gratifying than working for someone else!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WooHoo...Mark me down for a 10 out of 10!!! This description fits me to a T :)
    Considering I'm wanting to go full-time, this makes me happy to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post Valerie and so very timely for me! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Many times people complicate situations before they solve them. Successful entrepreneurs take apart each situation and discover several smaller issues that can readily be rectified. Each small issue they resolve will have implications. Sometimes these will take them in a slightly different direction than they expected. But they see it through.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!