7.19.2012

Do You have a Hobby?

The best part about owning your own creative business, is doing what you love. You get to create and earn money on your creations.

Sometimes I think we forget that life is not all about business. Even thou we love what we do, it's still our business, and it's important to walk away and take a break every now and then.

Having a hobby, different from what you do in your creative business, is helpful in making us better business people and generally happy in our everyday life.

I love to cook! That is my hobby. Creating different meals and coming up with new ideas lets me be creative. I cook because it makes me happy, and I can share my joy of cooking with my family and friends.

When your not working on your business, what is your hobby?


Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Cooking is mine too! My man and I enjoy making things together in the kitchen which is always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photography mostly, and I'd like to start printing some of my pics and selling them as cards along w/ my jewelry. Trying new craft projects is also another hobby. I am not much of a cook but I have been doing it more now that I'm not working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think some of us creatives need "creative outlets" outside of our creative outlets- lol. I too love the freedom & structure of cooking. It's great to be on your feet, moving, exercising a different set of sensations than we do all day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure if it is classified as a hobby, but I love to read historic fiction. It takes me away from the business of creating, but often stimulates a new creative idea while helping me to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am like Diane - I like to bury myself in a good book. Reading takes me away from my real world, removes me from the stress and aggravations that prevail all around me. After reading a book I may not have any tangible item, such as a knitted sweater, or a crocheted pot holder but I do have the memory of the story, alive with its characters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great message for today! I enjoy getting out in Milwaukee with my husband to eat out, go to museums, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creative time off? What??? I am playing with wire, adapting some designs from library books. Speaking of books, I love them maybe more than beads. And, did I mention cats? Playing with the cats is also fun for me.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!