9.27.2012

What are Your Favorite Marketing Materials for your Business?

Last week while participating at an art show, I took some time to walk around and check out all the booths of amazing artists.


I love to collect everyone's cards and marketing materials. People come up with some amazing ideas for marketing their business.

One booth used playing cards as price tags and another had a brochure from book pages, and lots of handmade business cards, like stamped rubber from bike tires.



I am in the process of designing business cards, thank you cards, and postcards for the holidays. It is always such a process, because I have so many ideas it's always hard to narrow it down.

I'm curious, what marketing materials do you use, or would like to use, for your business?

Here is a list of marketing material ideas to get you started:
Business card
Brochure
Tags
Thank you cards
Post cards
Labels
Notepads
Banners
Catalogs
Bookmarks
Magnets
Stickers
Sales Sheets
Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. I've done my own cards on the computer with business card stock from office depot. I also had preprinted labels made up which I stick on the gift box lids. I also have little organza gift bags too, into which I slip the box. I don't have the money for anything professional like brochures or postcards though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to keep a cohesive look with everything. My business cards match my blog and etsy banners. I also send a handwritten note that matches my branding and has my etsy address on it as well.
    I would still love to make some brochures of my wedding line to give to wedding planners and reception halls! These will probably have a less colorful theme to them since most of these items are just wood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been working on some postcard style ads recently so I can do more offline promos. I'm going to print them myself. The ideas you offered up really got me thinking about what types of textures I might be able to add to make them more eyecatching. Thanks for a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. People are so creative! I just make sure to put my website on everything I print. Each customer receives a business card. My items come with a label including my web address so it will always be handy and hopefully my customers will remember me for their next purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use my logo on everything. Every site, etc.

    But my best marketing tool is my hand painted bags. I put the purchases at shows in these bags and people will come to my booth to buy a bag!

    <><

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is interesting to see what other people come up with, each is so unique and clever.

    For myself I tend to use business cards though I know a lot of people take them and then toss them out later, but there is always a chance that someone might actually refer back to it. Or at least I keep my fingers crossed and hope that some will. :D

    I've a friend that has professional business cards printed up on the plain side of recycled boxes, such as Kellogg's Rice Krispies, Cheerios, Wheat Thins, etc. It's cleaver and catches people's attention, they always have to ask her about them. It was a great lead in for her as her items were things she upcycled or repurposed and she was really into recycling instead of throwing into the landfill. Most worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So far I just use business cards and festive packaging... I like to think of my email/mailing list as a great tool too though. I always wonder how much it's worth to have all the extras. This will be fun to read other's comments. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that business cards are the most important piece but having materials like notepads, magnets, etc. can help establish a professional uniform for your business.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!