3.21.2014

Need New Ideas? Just Listen!

When I need some inspiration or I'm feeling stuck in my business, I enjoy engaging in conversation with fellow artists, friends, and family. Listening to their stories and ideas always get the ideas flowing, making it easier for me to get unstuck.

Inspiration may be as near as your next conversation.

Everyone has a story to tell.  Some stories are more interesting then others, but the human experience is a rich source of inspiration.

This weekend talk to a couple of artists about what inspires them.  You will gain a new perspective on the creativity of others and have the opportunity to absorb new information.

Be an active listener.  Which means absorbing the words, perspective, and story of the people you are talking with without interruption or judgement.

Need some ideas to get you started?

Connect with artists online
Take a class
Visit a gallery
Attend a open studio
Go to a craft fair
Check out a craft supply shop.

Have a couple questions in mind to get the conversation started.

What is your personal favorite work or art?
Where do you find your inspiration?
What is your favorite material or tool and why?

Your next idea may come from someone you have a conversation with this weekend.  All you have to do is ask a question.

I'm ready to listen.  What is your favorite thing about creating?


Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I love the process....designing and assembling. It's the best. Then I get sad at the end of the project cause it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My customers are some of my best inspiration! I love listening to their ideas. One idea can turn into 10 more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. completely agree! I find that 'bouncing ideas' off other people is one of the best ways to bring your ideas to life

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!